We are definitely into the swing of 2019. The election is around the corner. House prices and rents are moving in all directions. People are also moving in all directions (e.g. the influx of Sydney dwellers to Brisbane), the Banks both domestically and internationally have lost their gloss to say the least, Bitcoin is bouncing around and Married At First Sight is playing a big role (fortunately or unfortunately - depends how you look at it) in our sub-culture!
Is this the time to be investing in property? Join us at Feet Up Friday to flesh out your thinking. We promise you the awareness, knowledge, experience and disposition of the Property Investors in the room will have a flow on effect to your thinking and sentiment and have a bigger impact on your life than an episode of Married At First Sight!
We will be running with the following format for the night:
1. PROPERTY TRIVIA.Where we break up in teams and answer 5 questions about property. Both current and historic. This is proving to be a great ice-breaker. Gets the room connected very early on in the evening.
2. CURRENT STATE OF PLAY. An brief overview of what is happening in our local and global worlds. Very topline, but helps the mind think laterally.
3. ROUND THE GROUNDS - PROPERTY. Luke Moroney, from Search Party Property, takes us through the property market. This is a great overview / Round the Grounds of what’s happening. He delivers both a top line and ‘on the ground’ perspective. Primarily, he will discuss what’s happening in Australia. However, the international market influences, if relevant to Australia property investors, may also receive some air-time.
4. ROUND THE GROUNDS - FINANCE. Kyle Manson from CFC Finance, takes us through the Financial market. What the banks are expected to be doing in the coming future and how this will impact lending for property investors. Also very importantly, how property investors should set-up and plan their next 12 months. Changing mortgages, selling down, buying - how you can best optimise and protect your situation with the future market predictions.
5. PROPERTY DEALS. Luke Moroney from Search Party Property, is talking deals. He will take the audience through two property deals - covering specifically, the property, what type of investor this is suitable for, the negotiation opportunity, the long term growth opportunities.
6. OUR GUEST SPEAKERS.1. Paul Davies from Jarickson Insurance Brokers. Paul will talk about personal insurance protection. An area that can be quite confusing. Do you or don't you, what's the benefit and why is it so important? Bring your questions, as will we. We know there are lots when it comes to this topic, and for good reason. Specially Paul's talk will cover: * How and why to protect yourself as you grow your property portfolio. * When is the right time to start looking at personal insurance * He will also share investors case studies, depicting the the right and wrong way to approach or not approach personal insurance. But as you know it's always interactive in our seminars - so the structure may waiver a little based on the audience questions. 2. Shane Bingham from Planview Carpentry Services. The hands on (in a literal sense) part of property. Shane will share with us his experiences and learnings around: * The various ways to increase the equity in your home and how this can assist you with getting a loan for investment. * How you can increase the income in your investment, or add income to your own home. Yes we all know the obvious ones out there. But this is an opportunity to be reminded of those and to think before leaping, but also to learn about the not so obvious methods. * The entertaining part of Shane's talk will be the stories his shares from real life experience, where someone has done a DIY job and then they call Shane in. The important learning here will be about discovering when is the right and wrong time to DIY or call the professionals. Throughout the night, there will be drinks (beer, wine and soft drink) and Pizza served. Location: Bella Vista Hotel, 13-15 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista. Cost: $20 per person.